Second Harvest partners with agencies in 19 counties across Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas to assist families and individuals in need. Please use the Agency Finder to the right to find one of our Partner Agencies near you.
Andrew & Buchanan County Residents:
Please review the following Food Assistance Guide to learn about the services qualification process (Yellow Cards).
- Food Assistance Guide
- Food Assistance Espanol
- Community Resource Guide
- Community Resource Guide Espanol
Military members and their families will be able to forego the qualification process normally required to receive food assistance from Second Harvest or a Partner Agency.
- Overview: Second Harvest now has a policy that allows all current or previous service members and their families to forego the qualification process normally required to receive food assistance from Fresh Start, Your Community Market, located on Second Harvest’s campus.
- Who Qualifies? All current or previous service members and their families (all branches).
- How Does it Work? In order to shop at Fresh Start, service members will only need to provide a current military ID or VA card. In lieu of these items, a DD-214 will be accepted. Note: Service members will not be able to access commodities, unless requireddocumentation is received by the USDA.
- Why? This policy is a way for Second Harvest to give back to the military community by allowing military families quick, easy service at Fresh Start.
Fresh Start, Your Community Market
In addition to the over 100 Partner Agencies, people may also receive food through Fresh Start, Second Harvest's nonprofit grocery store and food pantry.
St. Joseph, MO 64505
The following hours will be effective beginning June 3.
Monday: 11:00 – 4:00
Tuesday: 12:00 – 6:00
Wednesday: 11:00 – 4:00
Thursday: 12:00 – 6:00
Friday: 8:00 – 2:00
Sign-ups for Buchanan County Pantry Cards (Yellow Cards) and Fresh Picks Memberships will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.