Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
My Hunger Story
We received this story from a Harvest House client. It is a brief look into what it is like to be hungry and homeless and is a very powerful one at that.
The trials and tribulations involved with being hungry, homeless and unemployed are at the core of what changes the essence of an individual.
It forces us to reevaluate our priorities, our day to day responsibilities as well.
After being homeless for nearly four years now, I believe I have truly learned the meaning of respect, compassion and the limitations of my own emotions demonstrated in day to day living.
These hard times have given me a rejuvenated spiritual awareness which inspires and motivates me continuously.
Proverbs 27:7 He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even what is bitter taste sweet.
-A veteran and Harvest House food recipient
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Jan 2014
- Feb 2014
- Mar 2014
- Apr 2014
- May 2014
- Jun 2014
- Jul 2014
- Aug 2014
- Sep 2014
- Oct 2014
- Nov 2014
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank’s Thanksgiving Meal Distribution
- How Food Insecurity Impacts Children and Learning
- Hunger in America: It May Look Different Than You Would Expect
- The Role of Food Pantries in the Classroom
- Hunger in Missouri Underscores the Importance of Food Banks
- Do You Know How Food Insecurity Impacts Children in Your Community?
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank is Competing for $60,000
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn