Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
My Hunger Story
We received this story from a Harvest House client. It is a brief look into what it is like to be hungry and homeless and is a very powerful one at that.
The trials and tribulations involved with being hungry, homeless and unemployed are at the core of what changes the essence of an individual.
It forces us to reevaluate our priorities, our day to day responsibilities as well.
After being homeless for nearly four years now, I believe I have truly learned the meaning of respect, compassion and the limitations of my own emotions demonstrated in day to day living.
These hard times have given me a rejuvenated spiritual awareness which inspires and motivates me continuously.
Proverbs 27:7 He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even what is bitter taste sweet.
-A veteran and Harvest House food recipient
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Hunger Facts: Food Insecurity Affects Seniors, Too
- Nourishing Seniors: What You Need to Know
- Benefitting Seniors With A Food Drive
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Helps Seniors Get the Nutrients They Need
- Facts About Seniors and Hunger
- Regina Overman: An Ambassador for Building Hunger-Free Communities
- Nourishing Seniors With Senior Boxes
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Provides Balanced Nutrition to Seniors
- Close the Gap on Food Insecurity
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank