Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
ATTENTION PARTNER AGENCIES: ACTION ALERT
Help Strengthen and Protect Nutrition Programs in the Farm Bill.
As the Senate prepares to move a farm bill next month, and as the House moves forward with its Farm Bill field hearings, it is important that our network send a strong, united message about our priorities for Farm Bill nutrition programs. Programs like TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program), SNAP (Food Stamps), and CSFP (Senior Box) are at serious risk of funding cuts at a time when the need for these programs is greater than ever.
Help us send the strongest possible message about the need to protect and strengthen our programs.
Please go to the Hunger Action Center Website and sign-on to the letter to Congress asking their support for these critical programs.
Click Here: http://www.hungeractioncenter.org/network/. The deadline to sign the letter is Friday April 6 at 5 p.m.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Child Hunger in America
- Healthy Eating With Your Local Food Bank
- Support Food Banks With an Office Food Drive
- Community Action Partnership Works to Fight Hunger
- Hosting a Successful Food Drive
- Feeding Missouri Provides Ideas on Fighting Hunger
- Snapshot of Success: Gary Kincaid Volunteers With a Vision of a Hunger-Free Community
- Child Hunger Ends Here