Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
ATTENTION PARTNER AGENCIES: ACTION ALERT
Help Strengthen and Protect Nutrition Programs in the Farm Bill.
As the Senate prepares to move a farm bill next month, and as the House moves forward with its Farm Bill field hearings, it is important that our network send a strong, united message about our priorities for Farm Bill nutrition programs. Programs like TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program), SNAP (Food Stamps), and CSFP (Senior Box) are at serious risk of funding cuts at a time when the need for these programs is greater than ever.
Help us send the strongest possible message about the need to protect and strengthen our programs.
Please go to the Hunger Action Center Website and sign-on to the letter to Congress asking their support for these critical programs.
Click Here: http://www.hungeractioncenter.org/network/. The deadline to sign the letter is Friday April 6 at 5 p.m.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn
- Barry Birr -- My SNAP Challenge
- Director of Operation's Final Thoughts on SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher Reflects on her SNAP Challenge
- Programs Coordinator Begins her SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher - My SNAP Journey Continues
- Tamara Grubb - Day 4 of my SNAP Challenge
- Director of Marketing Takes SNAP Challenge
- Tamara Grubb - My SNAP Challenge
- My SNAP Challenge - Day 4
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Nutrition Bill