Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Leave a bag, we'll do the rest
This Saturday, May 12. the 20th annual Stamp Out Hunger food drive will take place. This is the nation’s largest single-day food drive.
Last year, generous Americans donated over 70 million pounds of food across the nation. In our region our generous neighbors donated 40,000 pounds of food. That means 30,700 meals helped nourish our neighbors in Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas.
It’s easy for residents to take part in Stamp Out Hunger. All individuals have to do is leave a bag of non-perishable food items by their mailbox on May 12th. Your letter carrier will make sure the food is delivered to Second Harvest or one of our Partner Agencies.
The 40,000 pounds of food collected last year filled one of our trucks. We have issued a challenge to individuals. This year, we challenge the community to work together to fill two trucks, collecting 80,000 pounds and providing over 61,000 meals.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Jan 2014
- Feb 2014
- Mar 2014
- Apr 2014
- May 2014
- Jun 2014
- Jul 2014
- Aug 2014
- Sep 2014
- Oct 2014
- Nov 2014
- Dec 2014
- Healthy Eating With Your Local Food Bank
- Support Food Banks With an Office Food Drive
- Community Action Partnership Works to Fight Hunger
- Hosting a Successful Food Drive
- Feeding Missouri Provides Ideas on Fighting Hunger
- Snapshot of Success: Gary Kincaid Volunteers With a Vision of a Hunger-Free Community
- Child Hunger Ends Here
- Everyone Should Have Access to the Benefits of Healthy Eating
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank’s Thanksgiving Meal Distribution
- How Food Insecurity Impacts Children and Learning
- Hunger in America: It May Look Different Than You Would Expect
- The Role of Food Pantries in the Classroom
- Hunger in Missouri Underscores the Importance of Food Banks
- Do You Know How Food Insecurity Impacts Children in Your Community?
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank is Competing for $60,000
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank