Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Leave a bag, we'll do the rest
This Saturday, May 12. the 20th annual Stamp Out Hunger food drive will take place. This is the nation’s largest single-day food drive.
Last year, generous Americans donated over 70 million pounds of food across the nation. In our region our generous neighbors donated 40,000 pounds of food. That means 30,700 meals helped nourish our neighbors in Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas.
It’s easy for residents to take part in Stamp Out Hunger. All individuals have to do is leave a bag of non-perishable food items by their mailbox on May 12th. Your letter carrier will make sure the food is delivered to Second Harvest or one of our Partner Agencies.
The 40,000 pounds of food collected last year filled one of our trucks. We have issued a challenge to individuals. This year, we challenge the community to work together to fill two trucks, collecting 80,000 pounds and providing over 61,000 meals.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn
- Barry Birr -- My SNAP Challenge
- Director of Operation's Final Thoughts on SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher Reflects on her SNAP Challenge
- Programs Coordinator Begins her SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher - My SNAP Journey Continues
- Tamara Grubb - Day 4 of my SNAP Challenge
- Director of Marketing Takes SNAP Challenge
- Tamara Grubb - My SNAP Challenge
- My SNAP Challenge - Day 4
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Nutrition Bill