Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Ten years of dedicated service
After 10 years of dedicated service Kathy Shuster has announced her retirement from Second Harvest Community Food Bank.
Shuster served as the Director of Logistics during her time at Second Harvest, working closely with the operations staff and Partner Agencies. She will be greatly missed by her co-workers.
“In the years I have worked with her, Kathy has proven to be the type of employee who is always willing to serve those around her,” says a co-worker. “But to me, what defines Kathy the most is the love she has for her family.”
According to Shuster, one of the best parts of her job was being able to make a difference in the lives of those who are food insecure.
“It’s easy to tell that Kathy cares about what she is doing,” says another co-worker. “She is dedicated to making sure things are done right.”
Shuster will now be able to spend more time with her husband, Richard and their six children and 15 grandchildren as well as her puppy, Sophie. She will also be able to enjoy her hobbies of baking and bowling. Second harvest would like to thank Kathy for her 10 years of service and wish her much happiness as she embarks on a new chapter in her life.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn
- Barry Birr -- My SNAP Challenge
- Director of Operation's Final Thoughts on SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher Reflects on her SNAP Challenge
- Programs Coordinator Begins her SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher - My SNAP Journey Continues
- Tamara Grubb - Day 4 of my SNAP Challenge
- Director of Marketing Takes SNAP Challenge
- Tamara Grubb - My SNAP Challenge
- My SNAP Challenge - Day 4
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Nutrition Bill