Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Ten years of dedicated service
After 10 years of dedicated service Kathy Shuster has announced her retirement from Second Harvest Community Food Bank.
Shuster served as the Director of Logistics during her time at Second Harvest, working closely with the operations staff and Partner Agencies. She will be greatly missed by her co-workers.
“In the years I have worked with her, Kathy has proven to be the type of employee who is always willing to serve those around her,” says a co-worker. “But to me, what defines Kathy the most is the love she has for her family.”
According to Shuster, one of the best parts of her job was being able to make a difference in the lives of those who are food insecure.
“It’s easy to tell that Kathy cares about what she is doing,” says another co-worker. “She is dedicated to making sure things are done right.”
Shuster will now be able to spend more time with her husband, Richard and their six children and 15 grandchildren as well as her puppy, Sophie. She will also be able to enjoy her hobbies of baking and bowling. Second harvest would like to thank Kathy for her 10 years of service and wish her much happiness as she embarks on a new chapter in her life.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Hunger Facts: Food Insecurity Affects Seniors, Too
- Nourishing Seniors: What You Need to Know
- Benefitting Seniors With A Food Drive
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Helps Seniors Get the Nutrients They Need
- Facts About Seniors and Hunger
- Regina Overman: An Ambassador for Building Hunger-Free Communities
- Nourishing Seniors With Senior Boxes
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Provides Balanced Nutrition to Seniors
- Close the Gap on Food Insecurity
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank