Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Helping to build hunger-free communities one Senior Box at a time
After two years of helping Second Harvest Community Food Bank build hunger-free communities, Sharon Sloan has announced her retirement.
Sloan served as the Programs Assistant during her time at Second Harvest, working closely with our Community Members to help them apply for Yellow Cards and also making sure our Senior Box program ran smoothly. Sloan has been a vital asset to the Second Harvest team and will be missed.
“I know there are hundreds, maybe thousands of lives that Sharon has touched during her time at Second Harvest,” says a co-worker. “Lives made less difficult - what a special gift to others. Sharon you are loved and will be deeply missed. “
“Sharon is always willing to help where ever she is needed,” says a co-worker. “Sharon will be greatly missed.”
According to Sloan, one of the best parts of her job was helping our Members and connecting them with the resources they needed.
After retiring Sloan plans to spend more time with her family as well as enjoying her hobbies of gardening and planting flowers. Second Harvest would like to thank Sharon for her dedicated service and wish her much happiness as she embarks on a new journey.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn
- Barry Birr -- My SNAP Challenge
- Director of Operation's Final Thoughts on SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher Reflects on her SNAP Challenge
- Programs Coordinator Begins her SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher - My SNAP Journey Continues
- Tamara Grubb - Day 4 of my SNAP Challenge
- Director of Marketing Takes SNAP Challenge
- Tamara Grubb - My SNAP Challenge
- My SNAP Challenge - Day 4
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Nutrition Bill