Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Helping to build hunger-free communities one Senior Box at a time
After two years of helping Second Harvest Community Food Bank build hunger-free communities, Sharon Sloan has announced her retirement.
Sloan served as the Programs Assistant during her time at Second Harvest, working closely with our Community Members to help them apply for Yellow Cards and also making sure our Senior Box program ran smoothly. Sloan has been a vital asset to the Second Harvest team and will be missed.
“I know there are hundreds, maybe thousands of lives that Sharon has touched during her time at Second Harvest,” says a co-worker. “Lives made less difficult - what a special gift to others. Sharon you are loved and will be deeply missed. “
“Sharon is always willing to help where ever she is needed,” says a co-worker. “Sharon will be greatly missed.”
According to Sloan, one of the best parts of her job was helping our Members and connecting them with the resources they needed.
After retiring Sloan plans to spend more time with her family as well as enjoying her hobbies of gardening and planting flowers. Second Harvest would like to thank Sharon for her dedicated service and wish her much happiness as she embarks on a new journey.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Hunger Facts: Food Insecurity Affects Seniors, Too
- Nourishing Seniors: What You Need to Know
- Benefitting Seniors With A Food Drive
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Helps Seniors Get the Nutrients They Need
- Facts About Seniors and Hunger
- Regina Overman: An Ambassador for Building Hunger-Free Communities
- Nourishing Seniors With Senior Boxes
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Provides Balanced Nutrition to Seniors
- Close the Gap on Food Insecurity
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank