Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Second Harvest Officially Launches Food Justice Movement
Second Harvest Community Food Bank traveled to Rock Port, MO on Saturday, March 9 to officially kickoff the Food Justice Movement or Second Harvest's Annual Fund Campaign.
Second Harvest has set a goal of raising $400,000 during the Food Justice Movement. The funds collected through the Movement will help expand access to our neighbors through:
By giving to the Food Justice Movement, in any amount, you will become part of the solution to hunger by expanding access to nutritious food to families in Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas. Because of Second Harvest’s incredible buying power, we can turn $1 into 3 nutritious meals and of all resources donated to Second Harvest, 96 percent goes directly to food acquisition, distribution and programs. Plus, because of Second Harvest’s four star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator, donors can rest assured knowing that Second Harvest practices sound fiscal management practices and accountability.
Donors who contribute $500 or more to the Food Justice Movement may qualify for a 50 percent tax credit from the Neighbor Assistance Program (NAP). If you have business income from a farm operation, rental property, an S-Corporation or royalties, you may qualify.
As part of the Movement, Atchison and Holt County schools competed in a peanut butter drive. Between the schools in Mound City, Tarkio, Rock Port and Fairfax over 2,200 pounds of peanut butter was collected.
Yes, hunger is here, but so is the solution. Be part of the solution by joining the Food Justice Movement at www.OurCommunityFoodBank.org/FJM.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Close the Gap on Food Insecurity
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Child Hunger in America
- Healthy Eating With Your Local Food Bank
- Support Food Banks With an Office Food Drive
- Community Action Partnership Works to Fight Hunger
- Hosting a Successful Food Drive
- Feeding Missouri Provides Ideas on Fighting Hunger