Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
Lindbergh Elementary School played host to the fourth installment of the Super Food Fair, sponsored by Second Harvest and Live Well St. Joe.
"The Super Food Fair is designed to encourage our community to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables," said Tamara Grubb, director of operations at Second Harvest. "We know that sometimes it takes having an opportunity to try new things to encourage change. We also hope that having access to healthy ingredients in a fun atmosphere will give some inspiration."
Chef Frank Hartigan cooked up breakfast burritos for participates and each one got to take home a bag of ingredients to make their own burritos. There were also plenty of activities for children, ranging from being able to make a smoothie on a bike blender, to winning prizes for doing exercises.
A health and resource fair was also available for attendees to gather information about Second Harvest and the St. Joseph Health Department.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn
- Barry Birr -- My SNAP Challenge
- Director of Operation's Final Thoughts on SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher Reflects on her SNAP Challenge
- Programs Coordinator Begins her SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher - My SNAP Journey Continues
- Tamara Grubb - Day 4 of my SNAP Challenge
- Director of Marketing Takes SNAP Challenge
- Tamara Grubb - My SNAP Challenge
- My SNAP Challenge - Day 4
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Nutrition Bill