Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
On Wednesday, a crowd of nearly 100 gathered in the main lobby at Heartland Regional Medical Center to announce a new partnership with Second Harvest.
The Heartland Board of Trustees approved a donation of $65,000 to Second Harvest to help expand access to nutritious food across the area. The donation will go to purchase apples and carrots for the 1,000 children who are on Backpack Buddies in the St. Joseph School District, supplement fresh produce donations in Fresh Start and provide 250,000 pounds of fruits and vegetables in produce drops in targeted counties.
"Second Harvest is very excited for this partnership with Heartland Regional Medical Center/Mosaic," said Chad Higdon, executive director at Second Harvest. "While Second Harvest works hard every day to provide nutritious food to the 51,000 food insecure individuals in our service area, we can’t do it alone. It takes outstanding businesses that stand up and declare that hunger is unacceptable."
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Close the Gap on Food Insecurity
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Child Hunger in America
- Healthy Eating With Your Local Food Bank
- Support Food Banks With an Office Food Drive
- Community Action Partnership Works to Fight Hunger
- Hosting a Successful Food Drive
- Feeding Missouri Provides Ideas on Fighting Hunger