Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Archives - October 2012
October 31, 2012
Helping to build hunger-free communities one Senior Box at a time
After two years of helping Second Harvest Community Food Bank build hunger-free communities, Sharon Sloan has announced her retirement.Read more...
Posted by Aaron Smullin, public relations specialist - 10/31/12, 03:30 PM
October 24, 2012
Second Harvest Wins Two Philly Awards for Non-Profit Marketing – Why This Is Important and Frankly Impressive.
Second Harvest Community Food Bank was recently honored at the 10th Annual Philly Awards event held at the Kansas City Convention Center. Second Harvest was recognized for our “No Hunger Summer” public service announcement (PSA) in the Best PSA and People’s Choice Award categories. The PSA was developed to promote access to healthy meals for kids during the summer months.Read more...
Posted by David Davenport, CEO - 10/24/12, 02:57 PM
October 05, 2012
Wow, 4-Stars from Charity Navigator. What does that mean?
Charity Navigator, America’s largest and most-utilized independent evaluator of charities, has awarded Second Harvest Community Food Bank the prestigious 4 star rating for exceptional financial and programmatic performance as well as a commitment to transparency and accountability.Read more...
Posted by David Davenport, CEO - 10/05/12, 03:22 PM
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Close the Gap on Food Insecurity
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Child Hunger in America
- Healthy Eating With Your Local Food Bank
- Support Food Banks With an Office Food Drive
- Community Action Partnership Works to Fight Hunger
- Hosting a Successful Food Drive
- Feeding Missouri Provides Ideas on Fighting Hunger