Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Second Harvest Wins Two Philly Awards for Non-Profit Marketing – Why This Is Important and Frankly Impressive.
Second Harvest Community Food Bank was recently honored at the 10th Annual Philly Awards event held at the Kansas City Convention Center. Second Harvest was recognized for our “No Hunger Summer” public service announcement (PSA) in the Best PSA and People’s Choice Award categories. The PSA was developed to promote access to healthy meals for kids during the summer months.
The PSA was developed in partnership with Second Harvest staff and videographer Drew King. You can click here to view it.
While it is certainly exciting to celebrate the product and the important program the PSA represents, it is also important to note the remarkable efforts and creativity of Second Harvest’s development team and take a look at why this recognition is so important.
Second Harvest was recently awarded a four-star rating from Charity Navigator for accountability, transparency and stewardship of donor funds. The four-star rating is Charity Navigator’s highest rating and a close look at their review of our organization will show that Second Harvest spends a mere 2.2% of the organization’s total expense budget on fundraising, marketing and communications. In receiving the People’s Choice Award for the “No Hunger Summer” PSA, Second Harvest beat nonprofits from across the region with much larger budgets, much more expensive marketing firm partnerships and a higher comfort level for spending their resources on communications as opposed to the important services they provide. Second Harvest spends nearly 97% of all resources provided directly on programs that provide access to nutritious food to over 15,000 people a week across 19 counties in Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas.
We celebrate the great work of our creative team here at Second Harvest, but at the same time we celebrate the programs and commitment to serve that drives our daily efforts.
Thank you for being a friend of Second Harvest – this award is as much for you as it is for us.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Providing Access to Needed Nutrition
- The Annual Fund Drive: Nourishing Families in Northwest Missouri
- Hunger Facts: Food Insecurity Affects Seniors, Too
- Nourishing Seniors: What You Need to Know
- Benefitting Seniors With A Food Drive
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Helps Seniors Get the Nutrients They Need
- Facts About Seniors and Hunger
- Regina Overman: An Ambassador for Building Hunger-Free Communities
- Nourishing Seniors With Senior Boxes
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank Provides Balanced Nutrition to Seniors
- Close the Gap on Food Insecurity
- Hunger in America Impacted by SNAP Cuts
- Campus Cupboard Helps Fuel Students for Academic Success
- Fresh Start Helps Families Facing Hunger
- The Link Between Learning and Child Hunger in America
- Beverages Play an Important Role in Nutrition
- Teaching Your Children the Value of Giving and Help us in Our Mission of Nourishing Families
- Becoming a Soup Kitchen Volunteer
- SNAP Program May Boost Fruit and Vegetable Consumption
- Wise Giving Alliance’s Standards for Charity Accountability BBB Accreditation Given to Second Harvest Community Food Bank