Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Second Harvest Wins Two Philly Awards for Non-Profit Marketing – Why This Is Important and Frankly Impressive.
Second Harvest Community Food Bank was recently honored at the 10th Annual Philly Awards event held at the Kansas City Convention Center. Second Harvest was recognized for our “No Hunger Summer” public service announcement (PSA) in the Best PSA and People’s Choice Award categories. The PSA was developed to promote access to healthy meals for kids during the summer months.
The PSA was developed in partnership with Second Harvest staff and videographer Drew King. You can click here to view it.
While it is certainly exciting to celebrate the product and the important program the PSA represents, it is also important to note the remarkable efforts and creativity of Second Harvest’s development team and take a look at why this recognition is so important.
Second Harvest was recently awarded a four-star rating from Charity Navigator for accountability, transparency and stewardship of donor funds. The four-star rating is Charity Navigator’s highest rating and a close look at their review of our organization will show that Second Harvest spends a mere 2.2% of the organization’s total expense budget on fundraising, marketing and communications. In receiving the People’s Choice Award for the “No Hunger Summer” PSA, Second Harvest beat nonprofits from across the region with much larger budgets, much more expensive marketing firm partnerships and a higher comfort level for spending their resources on communications as opposed to the important services they provide. Second Harvest spends nearly 97% of all resources provided directly on programs that provide access to nutritious food to over 15,000 people a week across 19 counties in Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas.
We celebrate the great work of our creative team here at Second Harvest, but at the same time we celebrate the programs and commitment to serve that drives our daily efforts.
Thank you for being a friend of Second Harvest – this award is as much for you as it is for us.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Food Insecurities
- Hunger Research
- Teens and Hunger
- Poverty and Hunger
- Community Partners
- Jan 2014
- Feb 2014
- Mar 2014
- Apr 2014
- May 2014
- Jun 2014
- Jul 2014
- Aug 2014
- Sep 2014
- Oct 2014
- Nov 2014
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank’s Thanksgiving Meal Distribution
- How Food Insecurity Impacts Children and Learning
- Hunger in America: It May Look Different Than You Would Expect
- The Role of Food Pantries in the Classroom
- Hunger in Missouri Underscores the Importance of Food Banks
- Do You Know How Food Insecurity Impacts Children in Your Community?
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank is Competing for $60,000
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn