Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
On Wednesday, a crowd of nearly 100 gathered in the main lobby at Heartland Regional Medical Center to announce a new partnership with Second Harvest.
The Heartland Board of Trustees approved a donation of $65,000 to Second Harvest to help expand access to nutritious food across the area. The donation will go to purchase apples and carrots for the 1,000 children who are on Backpack Buddies in the St. Joseph School District, supplement fresh produce donations in Fresh Start and provide 250,000 pounds of fruits and vegetables in produce drops in targeted counties.
"Second Harvest is very excited for this partnership with Heartland Regional Medical Center/Mosaic," said Chad Higdon, executive director at Second Harvest. "While Second Harvest works hard every day to provide nutritious food to the 51,000 food insecure individuals in our service area, we can’t do it alone. It takes outstanding businesses that stand up and declare that hunger is unacceptable."
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- Case Study: Second Harvest Community Food Bank
- Second Harvest Receives $20,000 to Help Nourish Children at Risk of Hunger This Summer
- Heartland Provides Yummy Food to St. Joseph Schools
- Letter Carriers Prepare to Stamp Out Hunger
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Annual $1 Million Giveaway
- Building Hunger-Free Communities Annual Fund Drive Underway
- Food Banks, Kansas Department of Agriculture Kick Off Food Drive
- Super Food Fair, Nourishing Neighbors
- Second Harvest and Heartland Announce Partnership
- Meet our Staff - Jenny Osborn
- Barry Birr -- My SNAP Challenge
- Director of Operation's Final Thoughts on SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher Reflects on her SNAP Challenge
- Programs Coordinator Begins her SNAP Challenge
- Stacy Fisher - My SNAP Journey Continues
- Tamara Grubb - Day 4 of my SNAP Challenge
- Director of Marketing Takes SNAP Challenge
- Tamara Grubb - My SNAP Challenge
- My SNAP Challenge - Day 4
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Nutrition Bill