Second Harvest Community Food Bank Blog
May 16, 2013
April 30, 2013
Donors use Community Foundations to Assure Nonprofit’s Needs are Met
One of today’s most powerful trends in charitable giving began in Cleveland, Ohio nearly 90 years ago, when the first community foundation was established. For decades, the number of community foundations climbed slowly, but during the 1990s, growth was exponential, and today there are more than 700 across the United States, with scores more around the world.
Ten of America’s community foundations are in Missouri and approximately 73 are in Kansas. They serve the regions they exist in. For example, the Community Foundation of Northwest Missouri, Inc. serves 18 counties in Northwest Missouri.Read more...
Posted by Mary R Hinde, president and CEO, Community Foundation of Northwest Missouri, Inc. - 04/30/13, 11:39 AM
April 26, 2013
A Simple Idea – Campus Cupboard
In the spring of 2012, Michele Thomason was the vice-principal and soon to be principal of the Colgan Alternative Resource Center. Michele and I began the first of many conversations about her students at Colgan and how, or if, Second Harvest Community Food Bank could do more to help.Read more...
Posted by Tamara Grubb, COO - 04/26/13, 12:08 PM
- Hunger Story
- Hunger Policy
- Second Harvest News
- Second Harvest Event
- Food Stamp Challenge 2012
- News Clips
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Gillibrand Amendment
- Donors use Community Foundations to Assure Nonprofit’s Needs are Met
- A Simple Idea – Campus Cupboard
- Second Harvest Participating in Feinstein Challenge
- Second Harvest Officially Launches Food Justice Movement
- Take Action Now-Food Pantry Tax Credit
- Do you work in the agriculture industry? If so, we need your help.
- Join Second Harvest for the National Day of Service
- Fresh Start, Your Community Market is Open for Business
- What does the Fiscal Cliff Agreement Mean for Hunger-Relief?
- The Start of an Exciting Journey
- Join our Social Media Blitz to Protect Hungry Families
- Help Protect Vital Nutrition Assistance Programs Today
- Thank You for Being the Solution
- Nourishing Neighbors and Changing Lives
- Second Harvest ready to respond
- Helping to build hunger-free communities one Senior Box at a time
- Second Harvest Wins Two Philly Awards for Non-Profit Marketing – Why This Is Important and Frankly Impressive.
- Wow, 4-Stars from Charity Navigator. What does that mean?
- The Food Justice Movement