Individual and Food Industry Donations
Food donors provide the majority of the food Second Harvest Community Food Bank distributes. Second Harvest takes donations of surplus food and distributes those items to local Partner Agencies and through direct service programs. If you are an individual, manufacturer, distributor, grocer, retailer, restaurant, produce market, producer or farmer, please contact our Director of Operations, at 816-364-3663, for more information on how to make a food donation.
Interested in holding a food drive? Click here for all of the information you’ll need to get started.
Do you simply want to drop off food at our Distribution Center? We’ll steer you toward our Distribution Center location or a nearby Partner Agency.
As long as it follows our Food Donation Guidelines, Second Harvest will ensure your product goes to those who need it most. From frozen and perishable products to shelf-stable foods, our Partner Agencies are counting on your donation to build hunger-free communities across our service area. All food donors are protected under the “Good Samaritan Act” law.
Top 5 Reasons to Donate
- It’s Free – We come to you with our refrigerated trucks at no charge.
- It’s Safe – Your donations are fully protected from criminal and legal liability under the Bill Emerson law “Good Samaritan Act”. In addition our staff and Partner Agencies are trained in food safety each year.
- It’s Sustainable – Your company will be environmentally friendly and will dramatically cut down on waste/disposal costs.
- It’s Tax Deductible – You will receive monthly donation receipts and can write off up to 2x the cost of your donated product.
- It Makes a Difference – Your contribution really helps those in need. Your public image will be enhanced as your company shows it cares about the community.